"How to Use the Psychology of Sales and Marketing to Stand Out and Build Value in Saturated Markets"
Most business owners make mistaken assumptions about attraction and differentiation that make success unachievable. Spencer Lum will discuss the psychology of sales and marketing and how to use it to build a profitable business that makes people pay more.
Some of his topics will include:
- The state of the industry now and the real problem with competition. (Hint: It has nothing to do with the fact that there is too much of it.)
- How to position yourself as an expert so people are willing to pay more
- How to build a client relationship that makes people ignore budget
- Why differentiation has nothing to do with your photography, and how to instantly position yourself to stand out, no matter how crowded your market
- How to gain leverage over clients, so they want you more than you want them
- How to integrate sales and marketing to explode the size or your market by targeting the audience everyone else ignores
About Spencer Lum
Spencer is a storyteller with an indelible belief in the power of raw humanity. Appearing at Field Trip, Inspire, Nine Dots, Canada Photo Convention, and WRKSHP, as well as multiple publications, he helps photographers build businesses through his blog Ground Glass, where he shares marketing and influence strategies.
Spencer firmly believes that creativity and naps are the two essential elements of good living, and he spends his days fiercely pursuing both of these endeavors. Along with his career as a photographer, he has enjoyed time as a designer, creative director, and filmmaker, as well as as serving as a doting husband and father of two beautiful children.